- Start a blog on WordPress and start following us!
- Read a book.
- Learn CPR. You can Google it or search for it on Youtube.
- Learn how to use a fire extinguisher.
- Plan out a fire route for your house.
- Prepare an emergency survival kit. You can also gather your most precious/valuable objects and place it in this kit in order to protect it in case of an emergency.
- Get an adult stress-free colouring book and start colouring!
- Exercise or go to the gym.
- Youtube “At home workouts” and start doing them.
- Google DIY (Do-It-Yourself) crafts (examples: paper maché, paper flowers, origami, drawing, and painting).
- Learn to cook something unique.
- Go for a walk.
- Learn about different types of diet (vegan, vegetarian, weight watchers, low-carb, raw food, etc) and try to follow it. Let us know how it goes!
- Start journaling.
To help you out here is an interesting excerpt from a book written by Srijan Pal Singh called “What Can I Give? Life Lessons from my Teacher, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam:”
“Get a diary or a notebook. Give it a name-something which is close to your heart, something which will remind you of what you want to become. Make it a habit to write down everything you learn, everything that inspires you, even things that trouble you, and everything you do to reach your long-term goals. Record all the small steps you take in your long and difficult journey. Especially keep a record of the times you fail, so you remember your stumbling blocks. Note down the names of those people who pick you up when you fall-remember to be grateful always.” (Pal Singh, 27
– A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
- Learn a new language. Duolingo.com is a great website for this adventure!
- Subscribe to Netflix and watch something!
- Look for volunteering opportunities and find one that develops society.
- Visit a place of worship; one that is new to you.
- Call a friend.
- Message someone that you have not met in a long time.
- Explore ways to expand your skills. There are many websites that offer free courses online. Example: codeacademy.com, www.coursera.com
- Creep through a Facebook profile!
- Explore new social media platforms. (i.e. Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram)
- Write a letter to someone.
- Watch a documentary.
- Watch a TedTalk video. Some can be really informative and inspiring.
- Write a short story.
- Learn a new instrument.
- Download brain games/brain teasers app and play till your mind is bamboozled!
- Learn how to knit/crochet.
- Learn proper car maintenance (i.e. changing tires, checking engine oil/ brake fluid/ windshield washer fluid/ coolant).
- Learn to fix things around the house (i.e. drilling a hole, changing bulbs, putting a picture frame, unclogging a toilet, giving paint touch-ups, sewing clothes, etc.).
- Learn how to remodel a room or a house.
- Explore real estate values around your area.
- Learn how to do your own taxes. Try sitting with your tax consultant!
- Watch a movie.
- Learn how to tie a tie…or a saree if you are up for it!
- Sit in a tub, put some Epsom salt in the hot water, light some candles (if you want) and relax.
- De-clutter something.
- Buy an essential oil and utilize it for aromatherapy.
- Organize old photos into proper physical/digital albums.
- Take more photos to create more memories.
- Go window shopping.
- Eat something that makes you happy.
- Help out a family member.
- Write a “To-Do” list.
- Write down your goals (short and long term), make a timeline for those goals and how you wish to achieve.
- Watch or read the news. Make it a habit.
- Plan for a party with an occasion.
- Plan a travel itinerary (For fun or if you plan to travel soon).
- If all else fails, take a nap!
If you attempt any of these things, be sure to let us know how it went! We will be waiting 🙂
Copyright © Elephanatics, 2016-2017
All Rights Reserved.